Access video call / telehealth session with provider
As you are working with your wellness provider, you may connect through a video call (telehealth) session. This guide includes tips and instructions on how you can successfully join a video appointment from your computer or mobile device. You can download a PDF version of this handout here for your convenience.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
- What is Telehealth?
- Equipment recommendations
- How to access a video call
- How to access a Zoom video chat
- Video Call best practices
- Video Call FAQs
What is Telehealth?
Telehealth / video call sessions enable you, via a computer or mobile device ( iOS app and Android app links), to securely meet with your provider on the go through a video call. It allows you to conveniently connect with your wellness provider. All you need is an internet connection and a device.
To ensure a quality connection during our session, we recommend that you have one of the following:
- Desktop computer/laptop with a webcam, speakers, and sufficient memory OR
- Smartphone device with at least iOS 11 or Android 6.0 installed (you will need to download the Healthie iOS app or Android app)
- You will not be able to connect to a telehealth session from the web browser (E.g., safari) if on your phone.
- A strong internet connection, that is at least 10 Mbps in strength.
- Note: We recommend testing your video chat prior to your first telehealth session, to confirm that you have enabled your microphone and camera.
Accessing video call from a computer or mobile device (iOS app and Android app)
From a computer:
- You will not need to download anything prior to a video call appointment on your computer/laptop.
- Log in to your Healthie account
- If you have an appointment scheduled, 10 minutes before your session begins, a bar will appear on your screen.
- Click on this bar, and you will be taken to your appointment room.
- Select the Appointments tab on the left side of your navigation bar
- Click on the appointment that is scheduled on the right side
- Select "Click to Join"
From your phone:
- Download the Healthie app (iOS app and Android app links)
- Click on the menu (three lines) in the top left corner of the app
- Click on "Video chat" and you will be taken to the video conference room.
Link to download Zoom for some video call sessions
Healthie's video calls can be conducted directly through the platform/app as a Healthie video call, or through Zoom, depending on how your wellness provider has set up your appointment. Zoom is a secure web conferencing platform. If a session is being conducted via Zoom, you will need to download the Zoom app or follow the browser instructions offered by your provider.
Video Call Best Practices
- We recommend testing your video chat prior to your first video call session, to ensure that your camera/microphone is enabled.
- Please review this Video call troubleshooting guide if you are still having trouble connecting to a session
- If you are experiencing video choppiness, please make sure you have a strong internet connection. We recommend connecting to WiFi, depending on your specific region.
Note: During your first time that you launch a Healthie Video Call from the mobile app, you will be prompted to give access to your audio and your video. For the best telehealth experience, you must give these permissions by clicking "Allow" or "Ok" when prompted. If you've denied access to your camera or video, you'll see guidance on how to fix it by going to your phone settings.
Video Call FAQs
- How can I improve the quality of my video connection?
- Test your internet connection speed to ensure it meets our recommended requirements
- Close other windows and programs that you may have open. Make sure you are not simultaneously downloading large files / have anti-virus scanners running while using Telehealth
- Is my session secure?
- Yes, our session together meets HIPAA-compliant standards, which is the highest level certification for how we encrypt and protect sessions together. Just as with in-person sessions, sessions conducted online are secure and private.
- Who can I contact if I'm having technical issues?
- We suggest that you reach out to your wellness provider first to learn if there are any other steps you can take to launch your call. You can also email our team at email@example.com for support.