Message provider through Chat
Healthie makes it easy for you to securely communicate with your provider through the web platform and the mobile app. This can be used to provide updates about appointments, ask questions about a care regimen, and provide general updates to your provider.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Access chat from your computer
To access chat from the web platform:
- Log in to the Healthie platform.
- Click the "Chat" icon on the left hand side menu.
- Click through to view individual conversations with providers, or any group chats you are a part of.
- If you have not completed your intake forms / paperwork, you may be prompted to complete these prior to viewing the messages / chat and continuing the conversation with your provider.
- If you do not see a "Chat" tab on your web platform or mobile device, it means that your provider has disabled chat from your work with them. We recommend connecting with them in a different way to coordinate about your communication options.
Access chat from your mobile device
To access chat from your mobile device:
- Download the iOS or Android App
- Sign in using the same e-mail address and password you use to sign in from a computer. If needed, reset your password.
- Click "Chat" icon at the bottom to be taken to a conversation with your provider.
Archiving & deleting a chat
To archive a chat conversation...
On your computer:
Click the "Archive" icon in the top right corner of your message conversation. If you would then like to see previous conversation history, select the "Archived Conversations" filter under the "Visibility" tab.
On the mobile app:
Navigate to the Chat tab using the bottom menu bar. Select the conversation you wish to archive, and click on the "..." to bring up the menu. Click "Archive Conversation" and then confirm this is the conversation you wish to archive.
To delete a chat message:
Log into Chat from your computer. Hover over the message and click on the red trash can to delete.
Message a Care Team member
To message another care team member in your provider's organization, you should see another conversation thread created with either the other care team member's profile picture or initials.
I do not see the ability to Chat with my Provider, what can I do?
If you do not see a "Chat" tab on your web platform or mobile device, it means that your provider has disabled chat from your work with them. We recommend connecting with them in a different way to coordinate about your communication options.
I accidentally archived my Chat with my provider, and now I cannot initiate a Chat. What should I do?
To unarchive a chat, set your "Visibility" filter to "All" to view both Archived and Active conversations. Select the archived conversation, and click the "Unarchive" button to bring the conversation back to your Active conversations.
How can I consolidate windows shown on my screen, in order to view more of the Chat screen?
You can collapse the left-hand navigation bar by clicking the small triangle at the top of the navigation bar. This will increase the width of the chat conversation on your Computer.
Needing to reach your provider?
If you would like to reach your provider, we recommend that you Message your Provider via Chat. Within your account, navigate to Chat > New Chat Message.