Deactivate your client account
There may be instances in which you are looking to deactivate your account as the client of a provider on Healthie. For example, this may occur if:
- You have a new provider
- You are no longer working with a provider
In this instance, please message your provider through chat, and they will know to archive your account. Providers will help with accessing account information, personal information, and financial information depending on their business and legal policies.
Permanently Delete Your Account
Under HIPAA Privacy Laws, medical records are required to be saved for 6+ years (can be longer depending on the state/profession or insurance payer that the provider is contracted with). As such, Healthie is unable to delete your medical records, even at your request.
Healthie is an EHR, much like the one your other doctors, hospitals, or clinics may use. As such, there is no way for you to directly delete or deactivate your client account and health records.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but health privacy laws preclude us from taking further action (even on your behalf).
Some additional steps you can take to minimize your data on file, and prevent notifications:
- Request that your provider delete the payment card on file for your account if appropriate
- Configure e-mail and push notifications for your account to disable notifications.
- Ask your provider to remove you from any Programs you are enrolled in. You can locate these Programs here.
- Ask your provider to archive your account. After this, you will still be able to log in to your Healthie Client Portal, view completed Forms, documents, and post-session notes, view Program content for programs you are currently enrolled in, and view and participate in existing Community Chats you are included in.