Syncing your Fitbit Device with Healthie
Healthie syncs with your Fitbit device to automatically pull your Health metrics into your Healthie account, to be shared directly with your provider.
This article contains information on:
- How to sync your Fitbit device with your Healthie Account
- How to un-sync your Fitbit device with your Healthie account
- Information on the Fitbit-Healthie Sync & best practices
How to sync your Fitbit device with your Healthie Account
- Sign into your Healthie account from a computer, the web browser on your phone, or the mobile app
- From a computer: Settings -> Sync Fitbi
- From your phone: Navigation (Hamburger menu) > Fitbit sync
- You will be prompted to Sign in to your Fitbit account, so please make sure you have your username / password for your Fitbit account
How to un-sync your Fitbit device with your Healthie Account
To un-sync your Fitbit account with your Healthie account, go to Settings -> Sync Fitbit on a computer, and click "Unsync Fitbit"
Information on the Fitbit-Healthie Sync & Best Practices
- You will see synced information (including steps, sleep, weight, workouts, and physical activity) within the Metrics section of your Healthie profile.
- If you sync MyFitnessPal with your Fitbit account, your sync with Healthie will automatically pull in calorie information from MyFitnessPal, which will then be shared with your provider in the Metrics section. It will not show as much detail as is shown in your FitBit account.
- When your Fitbit account is synced, information will pull in 1x per day, typically in the morning. As a result, your provider may not see that you've synced your account until up to 24 hours after you first make this sync.
- Your provider will automatically see synced entries in your metrics feed within Healthie (as will you). We encourage you to let your provider know that you have synced your wearable device, so they can be on the lookout for your metrics.
- Fitbit's support guide contains detailed information on how to log food via Fitbit, if you'd prefer to use this for food logging to share with your provider.