Upload insurance information
Your provider may ask you to share your insurance information for billing purposes, as part of your onboarding process. The smart insurance form allows you to securely manually enter your insurance information, or take a photo of the front and back of your insurance card, for online, automatic submission to your provider.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Adding insurance information
If your provider is using a Standard Insurance form, you will have the ability to manually enter information, as well as optionally take a photo of the front / back of your insurance card, that will be securely uploaded to your Client Portal. To read more on accessing your intake forms, click here.
- You will see an e-fillable form prompting you to enter your insurance information.
- Accuracy is important: Before submitting this form, please double check to confirm that all fields have been completed correctly.
- Image file types: You can upload a .png or .jpg or .jpeg. File types like .heic are not supported. We recommend using a converter tool (here is a link) to be able to submit an image
Update insurance information
If you would like to update the insurance information you have on file within your portal account, please message your provider within the portal. Your provider can help you make updates to your insurance information on file.
Add a Secondary Insurance
If you would like to enter a secondary insurance to your record, please message your provider, with the front and back of your insurance card and/or any policy details, and they can add secondary insurance information to your account.
What do I do if I do not have insurance?
If you do not have insurance but are being asked to complete the Insurance Information Form, you have two options:
- Skip the form, if you are able to do so, and progress onto the next form
- Message your provider through Chat, if the insurance form is mandatory, and you would like to request skipping this form, since you do not have insurance
What if my insurance plan is not listed?
If you do not see your insurance information listed in "Policy Name" you have two options:
- Upload the Insurance Card Photo (Front and Back) with your insurance card, and select the policy name from the dropdown that most closely matches the policy that you have.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your insurance company and policy name, and we will add the policy for you
Who is the primary person on my insurance? Do I put self or other?
This answer is going to depend on the nature of your insurance. If you are the primary insured, you would list yourself. However, if you are part of a family plan, please indicate the primary person on the account.
Needing to reach your provider?
If you would like to reach your provider, we recommend that you Message your Provider via Chat. Within your account, navigate to Chat > New Chat Message.